Privacy & Cookies
Yanelex Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Yanelex Limited of 18 Norfolk Square, Paddington, London W2 1RS with company number 07104239.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.chamaleon.co.uk (our Website). This includes information provided at the time of, by way of example, registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Yanelex Limited (if applicable), or if you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Where applicable, where our Website is an ecommerce site, details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Certain features of our Website depend upon cookies to function and are deemed, within the law, as strictly necessary (essential cookies).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We may use the following cookies on our Website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website and are deemed, within the law, to be strictly necessary. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website and other essential cookies.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it (if applicable) more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website or have a better browsing experience and internet service from us.
Where we store your personal data
Where our Website is an ecommerce site, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
Before providing your data to us, you will be presented with certain tick boxes in respect of our different methods of marketing. If you do not want us to use your data for any of the reasons listed, please refrain from giving us your consent.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
Intended use of personal data
Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to provide us with Personal Data. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site and for us to respond to your queries appropriately.
We may collect and use Personal Data to provide you with products or services, to bill you for products and services you request, to market products and services which we think may be of interest to you or to communicate with you for other purposes which we will inform you of when we collect Personal Data from you.
For further information, please visit General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Disclosure of your information
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Yanelex Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers/users will be one of the transferred assets.
Whenever we process Personal Data, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is kept accurate and up-to date for the purposes for which it was collected. We will provide you with the ability to object to the processing of your Personal Data if such processing is not reasonably required for a legitimate business purpose as described in this policy or our compliance with law. In the case of electronic direct marketing, we will provide you with a method to opt out of receiving further marketing materials or with a method to ‘opt-in’ if required by Law and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you wish to contact us regarding our use of your Personal Data or object to the processing of your Personal Data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you contact us, please note the specific information you would like us to correct, update or delete plus a proper identification of yourself. Requests to delete personal data will be subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document filing or retention obligations imposed on us.
Access to information
If you wish to access the information we hold for you, please contact email@example.com. If you contact us, please note the specific information you would like us to correct, update or delete providing suitable identification of yourself. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), requests to delete personal data will be subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document filing or retention obligations imposed on us.